▸ Software Developer
Do you have a passion for developing performant code and deep curiosity to learn new things? Do you thrive on finding all the puzzle pieces and coming up with a solution that takes into account the concerns of a complex operational network?
Quad9 is looking for a versatile full-stack software developer who has a broad understanding of solutions and industry best practices. This position will work on a variety of projects including; customer-facing tools, internal tools, integration of threat intelligence feeds, big data analytics pipelines, and mobile applications.
As part of a small multidisciplinary team, the developer will be expected to work collaboratively and proactively to deliver solutions to complex problems and those solutions need to make sense for a large, diverse and sometimes complex operational customer base. In this role, you will sometimes be the sole developer of a solution, but you will never be the only customer of the solution.
The role is 100% remote.
The right candidate must be comfortable working in a virtual environment and working in a GNU/Linux environment.
Some global travel can be required for in-person meetings or conferences.
- Software development concerning one or more concurrent projects
- Provide expertise with database architecture and systems design
- Develop iterative software solutions to a wide range of problems
- Develop internal presentations in terms of architecture and proposed solutions
- Provide internal (wiki) documentation and diagrams that both recommend architecture and document as-built systems
- Contribute to open-source initiatives (both Quad9 and other software we utilize within our network infrastructure)
Job Skills & Expertise
- 3+ years’ experience with developing applications for, and deploying them to GNU/Linux environments
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- 2+ years’ experience with ingesting, storing, and retrieving high-volume data streams
- An interest in data analytics, and visualization; experience preferred
- Understanding of secure programming best practices including how to secure APIs
- Familiarity with defensive programming techniques
- Demonstrated expertise working in a remote team (can be an active open source project or school-based project)
- Skilled text and verbal communicator
- Cybersecurity industry experience
- Ability to work flexible hours (this is probably not a 9-5 job)
We work as a geographically distributed team with people in many areas. This position is remote, with a preferred location in North America. Communication and project management tools, including Slack, Trello, Google Meet, Zoom, and the Atlassian suite.
While this position is remote, it will have flexible work hours based on the applicant’s timezone.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and applicant’s local pay rates.
Quad9 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, or military and veteran status.
Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org